Reconstructing, Revising And Updating 20 Classic Paintings Into Contemporary Art We Can FINALLY Understand. #4 Cracked Me Up!
There is always room for improvement, even when it comes to famous pieces of art. The concept behind this inspirational project was to take an original idea and remake a classic work of art putting "all your creative energy into re-creating and re-staging the image." No Photoshop allowed! The renditions here are all creative and very accurate in detail, and they succeed amazingly in re-capturing the spirit of the famous painting. They all certainly breathe new life into these well known masterpieces and some of them are also quite hilarious. Take a browse through the re-created works of art below and I guarantee you definitely won't find these classic masterpiece paintings boring!
1. “The Creation of Adam” by Michelangelo
Special bonus pic via Reddit - "Pass a beer down to me here, can you dude..."
2. “Self Portrait 1889″ by Vincent van Gogh
This guy definitely has that wild-eyed Van Gogh look down pat!
3. “Bedroom in Arles” by Van Gogh
1 bedroom apartment available: cozy atmosphere, comes completely furnished
4. “American Gothic” by Grant Wood
The times have certainly changed but the look stays exactly the same
5. “The Persistence of Memory” by Salvador Dalí
A culinary remake of the classic Dali painting with crepes and strawberries
6. “Weeping Woman” by Picasso
I love the way she used the cut-outs for special effect. What is that, animated pizza?
7. “Son Of Man” by Magritte
A metamorphosis of the modern man. Is it evolution or is it just another iPhone selfie?
8. “The Death of Marat” by David
The pain and the anguish. Nobody liked your Facebook picture...
9. “Ugly Duchess” by Quentin Matsys
Taking this remake thing to the extreme. LOL
10. “Wanderer above the Sea of Fog” by Caspar David Friedrich
This guy captured the feeling of the original quite well, even if he is standing in snow.
11. “Self Portrait” by Frida Kahlo
Oh I get it! It's a unibrow thing...
12. “Christina’s World” by Andrew Wyeth
So close, and yet so far away...
13. “The Girl With The Pearl Earring” by Johannes Vermeer
Unbelievable remake here!
14. “La laitière” by Johannes Vermeer
I see what you did there. Creating a playful, ultra-modern rendition of the classic painting
15. “Grande Odalisque” by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
OK, so maybe the original was a little bit more...
16. “Therese Revant” by Balthus
She's got that look even with her eyes closed
17. “Lady with an ermine” by Leonardo da Vinci
What exactly is a "ermine" and are they really safe to pet?
18. “Portrait of Sylvia Von Harden” by Wilhelm Heinrich Otto Dix
Modern angst,with cell phone close-by...
19. “Le Désespéré” by Gustave Courbet
Horror movie look from way back when...
20. “La bonne foi” by Magritte
Perfect remake, but only one question. What does it mean?
If you appreciated this article, take a moment to share it with your friends on Facebook and enjoy their reactions too.
- Show More